Many homeowners have modernized their homes using concrete interior design elements ranging from floors to countertops, to furniture (including concrete outdoor furniture). Concrete is an effective replacement for wood, granite, carpet, and other materials. In fact, it’s the most commonly used man-made material, and for good reason. Overall, concrete furniture is a good investment because it’s extremely durable and long-lasting, especially when protected with a sealant.
What Are Concrete Home Furnishings?
Concrete can add a modern flair to any home or apartment. It is suited for many different applications. Here are just a few examples:
- Cast Concrete Furniture: A concrete chair can be quite comfortable if topped with cushions and pillows. Many shapes and styles are possible; with glass-fiber reinforced concrete, more complex shapes can be made. It’s also great for patio, deck, and garden furniture.
- Concrete Kitchen/Bathroom Furnishings: Any kitchen or bathroom can look modern or earthy. Concrete is an ideal material for a sink, tub, or shower. Warm gray colors and your preference of texture can give showering a whole different feel.
- Countertops/Shelving: Concrete is more affordable than granite. While wider slabs give off an industrial vibe, thinner slabs are more rustic. Built-in concrete shelving is durable while catering to those who like a minimalist interior design.
- Concrete Patio Furniture: If you have hollowed plastic furniture, it can be used as a cast to produce concrete furnishings. You can even create outdoor tables, bins, and other elements with buckets and barrels.
- Concrete Accessories: Whether you purchase or make them on your own, concrete vases, stools, and potting boxes can be the perfect additions to your home. Concrete allows you to be imaginative and can add new dimensions to home decor.
Benefits of Concrete Furniture
Versatility is one of the hallmarks of concrete. In addition to the many things that can be made from it, concrete offers exceptional design flexibility. It can be customized in any size, shape, thickness, or pattern. Also, it can be cast in just about any color. With an advanced sealant, concrete may be virtually stain-proof.
The durability of concrete makes it desirable. Depending on the mixture, it can tolerate a wide range of temperatures and even storms. Products like steel-reinforced, precast concrete offer even more strength and can last in all kinds of conditions. Unlike most furniture, concrete items don’t typically lose their strength and quality, so concrete furnishings won’t have to be replaced every few years.
Beauty is something any homeowner can benefit from. Concrete allows you to create stylistic cohesion in your home; for example, your concrete outdoor furniture can match your concrete interior design. Its aesthetics are rugged yet elegant. Concrete pieces can be intricately crafted and customized into unique creations that are completely authentic.
Fits In with Just About Every Design
Not everything in your home has to be concrete. Just one centerpiece can transform your decor. Concrete blends in well with metal, wood, leather, and many other materials, whether complementing their presence or being combined in single pieces. If you thought it was too heavy to be used practically, think again. Concrete is made lighter with modern technology, without any compromise in strength.
It also has a much higher weight capacity than other materials. Therefore, tabletops and seats are much stronger and resistant to deformation. No matter what type of concrete you choose, it’s heavier and more difficult to move than other materials, so concrete furniture is less likely to be stolen, so it’s a good option for deterring thieves. As secure as it is, concrete is also easy to maintain; soap and water are enough to clean up dirt, debris, spills, etc.
Contact Cross Construction Services
Concrete has many applications outside and inside the home. In addition to focusing on concrete interior design or concrete outdoor furniture, consider the quality, condition, and safety of concrete patios, driveways, paths, parking lots, and drainage. At Cross Construction Services, we specialize in concrete installation, repair, and maintenance. To learn more about our professional concrete services in the Houston area, call 713-254-1703 today.