The Benefits of a Sunroom or Patio Room
Do you like spending time outdoors, but the hot Texas summers make it difficult to enjoy your patio as much as you would like? One easy solution is to enclose the space and transform it into a sunroom or enclosed patio room. If you do not have a patio on your home, adding a sunroom or patio room is also a great option.
How does converting a patio into a sunroom give you more use out of your space?
Have you ever had to head indoors while enjoying your morning coffee because it started raining? Maybe the mosquitoes came out and were biting you everywhere? Have you gotten too hot and sweaty, so you retreated inside? By converting your patio into a sunroom for your home, you can continue to enjoy the outdoors and never have to worry about these types of problems.
You could even add ceiling fans or extend the ducts from your central air conditioning as part of your sunroom home improvement project. These optional upgrades help keep you cool in the summer, so you can relax outdoors for as long as you want.
How will a sunroom add value and curb appeal to your home?
One of the benefits gained with sunroom additions is they increase the value of your home. The newly enclosed space provides extra living space. While this extra space can be used as a sunroom or patio, it could also be used for a dining room, game room, or other purposes.
Another benefit of adding a sunroom is it enhances the overall appearance of your home. While the enclosure may not be easily seen from the street, it does add to the curb appeal of the house. Should you ever decide to sell your home, having a sunroom is extremely effective at attracting potential buyers.
What other benefits do I gain with a sunroom?
Sunrooms offer even more great benefits besides getting to enjoy your outdoor space year-round, increasing the value of your home, and adding to its curb appeal, including:
- Increases Privacy – If you have nosy neighbors, an enclosed patio room offers added privacy.
- Increases Square Footage – The total square footage for your home is increased, thanks to enclosing your patio.
- Added Health Benefits – You do not have to worry as much about seasonal allergies. Your immune system also benefits from more exposure to natural sunlight.
- Keep Pests Away – Your friends and family can enjoy spending time outdoors eating, watching the big game, or just relaxing and never have to retreat indoors because mosquitoes and other pests get out of control.
- Grow Fresh Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs Year-Round – Since it is easier to control the climate in an enclosed sunroom, you can have access to fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs whenever you want.
- Never Have to Worry About the Weather – You do not have to worry if it starts raining or is a bit windy or too hot or too cold with an enclosed patio room.
What options do I have when adding a patio room onto my home?
There are several different designs of patio rooms and sunrooms you can choose from, such as:
- Screen Enclosures – This type of patio room is enclosed using screens to keep bugs and pests away. Screen enclosures provide access to fresh air whenever you want.
- Three Season Enclosures – This type of enclosure combines a screen enclosure with windows. The windows can be installed and removed depending on the time of the year and weather like on rainy days or hot summer days.
- Four Season Enclosures – If you want to enjoy your new patio room or sunroom year-round, then you need a four season enclosure. This type of enclosure uses thermal-resistant and insulated windows to maintain interior temperatures better.
- Heated and Cooled Enclosures – You can also heat and cool a four season enclosure since the windows are insulated.
How to Convert a Patio into a Sunroom or Patio Room
If you have an existing patio that is already covered, then converting it is fairly easy. You just need to have exterior framing installed, along with a door if you want access to your backyard from the patio room.
If your existing patio is not covered, the project will involve adding a roof over the patio with the proper supports and framing. If you need to add a sunroom onto your home, the project will involve a few more steps like pouring the concrete foundation for the sunroom.
Whether you are looking to enclose your existing patio, a traditional addition, or a completely new design, you can count on Cross Construction Services. We offer flexible patio designs to suit the unique needs of you and your family.
For further information or to request a free estimate for an enclosed patio or sunroom, please feel free to call us at 713-254-1703 today!