Cross Construction Services aims to eliminate the hassle of dividing your project between different architecture and construction companies. We are a full-service design-build contractor in Houston, TX, serving both residential and commercial clients.
We handle your entire project—from the initial sketches to the final construction.
What Is Design-Build?
Design-build is a construction approach where a single entity is responsible for both the design and construction of a project, whether it’s a residential interior remodel or a landscaping overhaul for a commercial building.
Design-Build vs. Traditional Design-Bid-Build
With traditional design-bid-build delivery, you must manage two separate contracts—the designer and the contractor (and possibly their subconsultants and contractors). If you’ve ever had to manage multiple contractors, you know how frustrating it can be to coordinate efforts between everyone involved.
And, when something goes wrong, getting everyone on the same page can be a challenge—you end up the middleman trying to settle disputes and misunderstandings.
Design-build helps eliminate these project management headaches. A single company is responsible for both design and construction, which means fewer opportunities for problems and greater overall project efficiency (which can translate to greater savings).
Benefits of Design-Build?
Design-build is a more streamlined approach to project management. Here are some of its benefits:
- Faster Project Completion: The collaborative approach of design-build means fewer problems and faster execution of your project.
- Greater Accountability: One company/entity is accountable for performance, scheduling, and cost.
- Reduced Administrative Burden: With one contract to manage you can focus on the project at hand and on ensuring everything is delivered to your satisfaction.
- Cost Savings: A good design-build contractor is more efficient, reducing project costs and reducing the likelihood of mid-project cost increases.
- Single Point of Contact: Get status updates and questions answered from a single company.
Phases of the Design-Build Process
The design-build process typically has 5 phases:
Phase 1: Choosing a design builder
Phase 2: Pre-construction assessments
Phase 3: Design
Phase 4: Construction
Phase 5: Post-construction assessment
Hiring the Right Design-Build Contractor
Choosing the right design-build contractor can make all the difference when it comes to completing your project on time and within budget.
Look for a company that has strong references and a portfolio of projects similar to yours. Choose a company that partners with architects, designers, engineers, and construction professionals.
Cross Construction Services is an established contractor offering design-build services in Houston. Over our 30-year history we’ve helped hundreds of residential, commercial, and nonprofit organizations make their project visions a reality. We specialize in concrete driveway installation, repair, and leveling; patio room construction; and more. Please contact us today for expert design-build services in Houston.